Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Cruisin'

We had a blast on our cruise! I spent the first day (Monday) really green in the face and then drunk later on from the Dramamine. But considering there were like 10 to 15 ft swells that day in the ocean and it was raining sheets it wasn't a surprise. We were supposed to dock at Catalina that day but because of our yucky weather we spent that day at sea instead due to it not being safe for us to board the excursion boats and ride over to the island.

So the next day we got to do Catalina. It's an interesting little island but unfortunately we didn't spend long there as it started raining again pretty hard. Tay and I were supposed to do a snorkeling excursion but not enough people signed up (I assume because of the weather...call me crazy) so they canceled it.

Wednesday was our day in Encinada. Soooo fun! We got to do all kinds of haggling with the little Mexican shop owners and MAN o Man you can get some smokin deals because they are pretty desperate for you to spend your money at their shop and not the next guys. Let's just say I came out pretty well ;) And we learned my sister-in-law Rachel has an amazing ability to haggle at the ripe age of 15. Awesome.

Oops, I still need to upload the Encinada ones I guess. Don't know how I missed those.

Here are some from our many dinners on the ship as well. Good times and gooooood food mmmm.

1 comment:

Ann Graves Matthews said...

How fun! The only thing better than crusin' is crusin' with people you love! You had the best of both worlds!