Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas-Hater?

So typically every season, everyone goes through the the "normal" holliday stresses. Such as shopping, dealing with crowds, wraping and of course the financial stress. This year is interesting because though we have the financial stress from our accounts being drained from Christmas shopping, everything else has been relatively smooth. We've hit a couple of rough spots with some other unrelated things, such as having some stuff stolen right from our apartment, and having to feel rather scrooge-like over having to ask one of our roomates to find another place to live (NOT FUN). But relatively speaking this Holliday season has been rather cheerful and happy for me. As many of you know I used to be a Christmas-Hater. Due to the many years of being "The Single One" in my family and having to sit and watch everyone else open there loads of gifts from their spouses and children. Last year was an amazing Christmas due to the efforts of my wonderful Sister-in-Law, Brother and now husband. I think this year is going to be amazing too :-) Yay! I think I don't hate Christmas anymore!

4 comments:

Hilary said...

I think our first years of married bliss were some of our best. I mean, I LOVE having kids but they are INSANE right now. Enjoy the peace you have right now. :)

Aubrey said...

Yeah I know how you feel with being the single one. How fun you get to spend your first Christmas with Taylor this year!!! I am sorry about your roommate stress. It's not cool, not cool at all. Merry Christmas Andrea! Thanks for being a great friend. I miss you. :)

Ann Graves Matthews said...

Oh Andrea, I never realized how much we have in common until I read your blog! Just a comment, if you think Christmas is wonderful this year, just wait, it gets better! You are so amazing. Again, I'm so glad you're part of our family now! Love to you and your family!

Unknown said...

Uhhh. I had you for Christmas last year. duh!