Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Economy?

Holy cow, I can't believe how slow we have suddenly gotten at work. It's crazy because not many people in this area have been directly affected by the economy yet... And yet business has suddenly gone way down...to the point that I actually get bored at work. I NEVER get bored at work. I always have something to do even if I am being particularly lazy that day and stay signed in to facebook all day. But now, I am actually trying to WILL people to call and make appointments. Not only because I am getting ridiculously bored but also because if this lasts too long it could really hit us hard. I am praying that it doesn't hit so hard that my boss has to cut my salary which is unlikely.....but.....you never know. Expect the worst and hope for the best? We think that people are just really holding on to their pennies right now even if they have not had a change in their status or income for fear of it happening to them sometime soon. I thought with gas prices having dropped so drastically that business would have picked up because more people are driving more often....but it actually did the opposite. Let's just hope we're slow right now because it's the week before thanksgiving and people are just pinching pennies for their travels. I don't want to be a Negative Nancy so I'll change the subject..

I am sooooo stoked to go snowboarding in just over a week. Yay! Pray that we'll have some fantastic pow to shred. Also, I am really excited to see my family. My mom turns 70 on the 26th so this is a milestone for her and we get to be there to help her celebrate! My sister Cynthia and her family are moving to Turkmenistan(sp?) after the first of the year so we will get to see them before they head out too. Sissy (as I call her) and I have always had a good bond so I always miss her terribly since they live abroad for the majority of the time, but I relish every moment I get to hang out and laugh with her, her husband Doug and their adorable kids. So so so excited! My sister-in-law Heather Anne is pregnant and due sometime at the end of April (we're staying at their house on this trip) so I am excited to see her progress as well as her of course along with my brother and their kids. So fun! Yay for family vacations!

One of these days hopefully, Tay and I will get to take a tropical vacation as a couple. He's never been to Hawaii *gasp* so I am just dying to take him and especially to hike the Na Pali Coast. Hopefully next year sometime but we're pinching our pennies too so we'll see. Ok...I am done rambling.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Drew's never been to Hawaii, and I wasn't a huge fan of it... to be honest. I'm not a sand girl (I like my crevices clean, I suppose).
Sadly, in our business when people stay at home they get bored and make babies. We're gettin' busy. :)