Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Colors

So I've noticed a trend lately and I just HAVE to say something about it. When people would ask me about my wedding colors and I would tell them that I was doing red and purple the reaction was always, "eww! Red and Purple?!"

I pulled it off people....and it was beautiful.... Now, suddenly I am seeing this as a trend in wedding colors. So I'm wondering if those people are getting as much flack? Or not, because they've now seen it done before and know it works. Everyone I told had never seen the two together before and 90% of people poo-poohed it. Hmmmm. Now I feel like shouting "See!? It looks awesome if you use the right tones!! so THERE!

Some examples:

This is very similar colors to what I went with. I wanted a darker blackish purple and a deep red. Bingo! Doesn't it go well together? And I DID infact use the EXACT same color of Cala Lily's pictured below in my boquet.


Here is my boquet and my mom's dark purple dress (She picked it out. Not to shabby since she was two states away so I couldn't micro manage ha ha)


Some other examples of the color scheme:





I didn't do any brighter purple like in the flowers below but wanted to use it as an example that it still works.


So, next time someone tells you what their wedding colors are going to be, don't judge or react. Instead be tactful so you don't hurt their feelings by making them think they are a retard for picking those colors. Especially because often, people will surprise you. What you picture in your head is rarely what they picture.

2 comments:

Emmie said...

I haven't remembered to look at you blog is a while. I just caught up.

Justin & Kellie Curtis said...

I completely agree. I had very similar colors for my wedding. I thought it looked really good at both of our weddings.