Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Updates

Nothing too exciting but since this is the closest thing to a journal I keep I feel i need to keep it up.

I have gone walking/jogging 4 out of the last 5 days. Go me. Rested on Sunday of course. Yesterday was really good because I was able to jog twice as far as the last time I went. Any of you that know me know this is big because my asthma has held me back my whole life. It sucks.

Anyhoo, after not working out regularly for seriously like two years except for the sporadic occasions, I am determined to work my way back up to when I used to jog two miles every day.

Back when I was in good shape due to this daily schedule I hiked half dome like it was a 5 mile hike (It's more like 18mi). The next year when I did it I was not jogging on a regular basis due to an ankle injury and oh mann, it kicked my butt so hard. So I haven't done it since (3 yrs?). So...My goal is to get back up to jogging at LEAST 3 times per week so that I can do Half Dome again next Summer and so that Snowbaording this winter doesn't kick my butt like it did last year. And there you have it. Go team.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Runing isn't my thing, but I am a big fan of working out -- no matter how you get it in.
I just got a bunch of new videos... trying to kick start myself, and also eat consciously...
Go team, what a delightful way to end a blog entry. :)

Alexis 18 said...

that is exciting! It's so hard to get back into exercising after a dry spell. I haven't exercised since H.S. and in March I started to run 30 mins every day, it still kicks my butt but I am actually starting to enjoy it! Keep up and happy exercising to you!!