Thursday, April 23, 2009

Spending

So as of late I have taken to watching what I spend more closely because we made an offer on a house and if we get it (unlikely) we'll both really have to reign in our spending. I've been using the great Hilary Erickson as my example because she is the most thrifty person I think I have ever met. I've started saving the coupons and ad's that we get in the mail and actually looking through them before I throw them away. Tonight, dinner will be at El Pollo Loco for a whopping $2.99 due to a lovely coupon.

Right now, we have a bit of what I consider "disposable income" because our rent isn't bad and Taylor is working full time and has benefits now which made our income go up by about 20%. How easy it is to take that for granted and just spend more. Don't get me wrong, we're also saving a lot more as well. So anywho, I am trying my hand at being a mega penny pincher right now. Wish me luck.

On another note: I just got an email on myspace from a long lost best friend who i haven't seen in two or three years. We used to be really close but he sort of stopped talking to me when he met his now "baby mama". Which I get it...Life happens but I admit I was rather sad that he didn't even wish me well when I told him I was getting married (again on myspace email). Nope. No response at all. It was heart breaking considering how close we used to be.... So anyway, he emails me and appologizes for being a "douche" and thanks me for always being a good friend to him no matter what. He is being deployed to Afganistan in a few days and he wanted me to know that he still thinks of me from time to time and appreciates our friendship. Can I just tell you how wonderful that was to hear? I pray that he will be safe. He is a rare breed of an amazing human being. We all have our "douche" moments because we get wrapped up in ourselves and life. But then our "Afganistans" come up in life and make us remember and be greatful the important things in life. God be with you my friend....

1 comment:

Hilary said...

I am cheap.
Go ahead and say it. :)
Check out today's post.
I love long lost friends, especially when they grow brains.
I am still pregnant.