Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sicky Sickerton

Taylor is so sick right now. Get this, he got the flu shot....and the flu shot gave him the flu.... So he is hacking up a lung and can hardly eat and his voice box only works about half of the time. As his wife (I'm sure this is normal) I am worried sick. I think he needs a blessing because he just keeps getting worse. When he gets sick it LEVELS him because the diabetes makes his recovery time twice as long as your average person. His immune system just doesn't have the high gear that most of ours does. So it just runs on medium until he finally gets better. Ugh...poor guy, he's so miserable. I am going to go to the store after work and get some ingredients to make some soup for him.

4 comments:

Hilary said...

You'll get used to it. I try and completely ignore Drew when he's sick now. I used to play nurse.
No more. :)

Unknown said...

Need some lemons? I have bunches. He needs lemon tea! Well, it always helps me feel better, anyway.

Corine said...

Andrea,

I'm totally against flue shots. They have mercury and all kinds of other crap in them that actually can make people sick. They also decrease they body's own ability to fight off bacteria....so we never get them in our family. We just do lots of things to build our immune systems. Good luck! Hope he gets better soon!

a.b.c said...

after I got mono my immune system I don't think ever fully recovered...so I get every sickness around! so fun.