Saturday, September 11, 2010

Baby Gymnast

So Friday 9/10/10 was our 20 week OB appointment. My doctor was on the same wave length as me and totally agreed that Ultra Sounds are more elective usually than diagnostic. She said that as long as the pregnancy seems to be progressing at a normal level and you hear a healthy heartbeat, there is not a whole lot of reason for Ultra Sound if it doesn't change the outcome. In our case, no matter what, the outcome would be the same.... give birth to baby and we will love what ever we get. Abortion is NOT an option to us.

(The day before, we got an ultra sound but decided not to stress about it not being at the doctors office and it was cheaper anyway. THANKFULLY all was healthy and wonderful. The tech was amazing at pointing everything out and assuring us that we had a very healthy, and very tall baby girl growing with all 20 digits and a perfect little face and heart :) Yay!)

Anway..... later in the evening on Friday we were at our friends THE RAMBOW'S and I felt the baby start kicking away. I grabbed Taylor's hand and put it on my belly because he hadn't gotten lucky enough to feel her yet. The look on his face was so cute as he was in such awe that he finally got to feel her after hearing me talk about feeling her moving.

Then, this morning we were sitting on the couch waking up and my tummy was growling... well apparently she gets anxious when I'm hungry because she was kicking like crazy. So I pulled my shirt up and told him to watch and he got to see her kick twice. It was so cool :) He's so excited and scared to be a dad. No doubt he will be AMAZING. He comes from good peoples :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you! Fingers crossed that Emmie is nothing like we were. Ha ha Can't wait to see this baby!

Rachel said...

Sometimes we would just sit there and watch my belly when the boys were being active. Cheap entertainment! I hardly filled out my kick count cards because it usually only took a minute to get 10 movements.

After a while she will run out of room so she won't be quite so wiggly. It turns more into kicks and hits and stretches. At the end you will get her trying to stretch and the feet sticking under your ribs - ouch! But feeling the movement is definitely one of the amazing parts of pregnancy! (and a near constant reminder of your stowaway!)

Hilary said...

a) Ultrasounds are diagnostic. They know your placenta's posterior or anterior, right? (aka, not over the cervix)
b) Are they sure that's a girl? :) Really, so bad at reading gender on ultrasounds. Did I mention we did about 20 with P? :)
c) Ahh, the baby movers. Good times. :)

Matt & Ali said...

I'm so happy you are having a girl too! I can't believe we were so wrong thinking all boy! My mom said there must be a boy waiting! We thought we would have a boy since we had only a girl name picked out and agreed on. Hope you are doing well! Good luck!