Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas/New Years re-cap

We began our adventure by driving to Utah the night of the 23rd. We left at about 7:30pm. About half way there, our heat decides to stop working. Rather, it just blows a luke warm air. Quite a "Dumb and Dumber" moment for those of you who've seen the movie. We were shivering as we arrived. Turns out due to some bone headedness on the part of Jiffy Lube, there was a hole in a place there shouldn't have been and as a result our thermostat stopped working. Fun. Thankfully my brother just so happens to be mechanically inclined and SAVED the day! And the trip! Yay for heat.

We had a wonderful time on Christmas eve and Christmas day spending time with family and cathing up. It was so great to see everyone.

On Christmas night as we returned home to my brother's around 11 my tummy started feeling queezy. This is not abnormal for me so I took some Tum's and tried to go to bed. I awoke about an hour later and emptied the contents of my stomach through violent heaving. I proceeded to repeat this about 6 more times over the next 12 hours. Life is quite interesting when you have to have a bowl in your lap on the toilet because your insides have become liquid from both ends :( But literally after about exactly 24 hours the appeal of food returned and I felt almost totally normal. Good times. Thankfully this was on Saturday, a day when my family had just planned to be lazy and let the kids play with their toys anyway. So I sent Taylor on his way snowboarding because how boring to watch your wife wallow in misery all day? So I was able to just relax and rest all day and my brother and sister-in-law were awesome and got me anything if I needed it.

Sunday we had the pleasure of attending Taylor's Uncle Brig's daughters blessing. What a beauty that one. We were able to enjoy spending a little time with everyone from that side of the family for a couple of hours before we headed up to my mom's house for a relaxing rest of our Sunday and dinner with more family. I was able to visit with my long time BFF Sharon too. I always love chatting with her.

Monday morning we headed out for our long drive home. Thankfully it was totally uneventful and we always love spending time together so we actually enjoy road trips such as this.

Tuesday, I got my new treadmill!!! Tay and I set it up and I walked on it right away for 20 minutes. Love at first walk....sigh.....

I worked Tues and Wed and then had another nice little break for a 4 day new year weekend. We got a lot done, got a lot of R&R and it was just a nice and enjoyable holiday. Oh, and I worked out every day but one. Go me!

3 comments:

Hilary said...

Wow, working out on the road? Or, was that just when you got back?
I hope the treadmill is the ticket. :)

Aubrey said...

You had two pairs of gloves this whole time?! Yeah! We're in the rockies.

tagraves said...

Ha ha ha, I knew you'd get it Aubs! ha ha