Tuesday, July 13, 2010

11 1/2 weeks


So, a little background on today's visit. I had a wee bit of a heart attack because when the Dr. was listening for the heartbeat with her fancy little machine she couldn't find one. She quickly does a pelvic exam and says my uterus is tilted back quite a bit and that might be why she can't get the beat because baby is too far away from the surface or something...

I woke up today for the first time in weeks not feeling sick. Time. To. Panic.... Not a good sign. I'm not quite 12 weeks and yet I didn't feel sick this morning. Uh-Oh...

So she refers me over to Ultra Sound to get one as sort of an emergency.

Longest 10 minutes of my entire life.... trying so hard not to freak out as my husband is sick with strep and too sick to make it to the appointment... Be STRONG Andrea...

At last, finally the tech takes me in. Does the U/S.... Finds baby.... wait.... finally! Finds a heart beat. Holy crap I almost gave birth right then. 158 bpm and I got to hear it!

So. Amazing.

And, my baby is going to be a little Athlete. It was moving and shimmying all over the place. The tech even said, "wow, that's an active baby". My ribs most definitely will not appreciate that later I'm sure of it. However, it will be worth knowing little bebe is healthy and good.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Just the first of many scares. :)
Enjoy! :)

Meagan said...

Hey Andrea, I found your blog from your facebook profile. CONGRATS on the pregnancy! That is so exciting! I am glad to hear that things are going well. I have a fantastic pregnancy pillow if you are interested in borrowing it. I was able to sleep through the night the whole pregnancy it!