Monday, June 21, 2010

Finally I can talk about it!

Ok, so it's been forever since I've updated but mostly because I felt like anything I say would spill the beans too early about bambino Graves, coming to a hospital near you around February 3rd 2011.



We are super excited and were a little surprised as we were not officially trying. Obviously not preventing very well either ;)


  • I have been sicker than a dog....but thankfully the Dr. Rx'd me the generic Zofran which does wonders. I can actually function on it. Though the occasional dose is not quite up to par and so I still suffer a bit. All I can say is thank goodness for medicine because I would be in bed ALL the time without it.

  • Side effect: CONSTIPATION. This has been a real battle. I've become the point of impacted twice now. I won't go too far in to detail but lets just say it takes physical intervention to get movement again. And there's blood. Lot's of it sometimes. Due to the consistency I tore and once you have a "Fissure" it doesn't heal until you can be on a complete clear liquid diet for 3 days. Seeing as how that's not possible with a growing fetus....well you get the picture...Oh the joys....

  • Eye on the prize. That's what I keep having to chant to myself as I experience the lovely discomfort that is morning (hah! more like all day) sickness, constipation, and aversion to food though hungry all the time.




  • That Duggar lady is CARAZY. 19?? At this point I think my mother is crazy too. She had 6! And was sick, if not sicker than I am. Who thought this pregnancy thing was a good idea anyway? Ok, ok, I do. I am so excited. only 32 weeks left.....

6 comments:

Hilary said...

Wow. A post like that needs a TMI in front of it.
Two words, fiber and water. :)
I used to eat these metamucil fiber bars.

Natalie said...

I am so happy for you!!! And I am so sorry that it has been so hard on you. I hope that you start feeling better soon. I am in my home stretch...only 11 weeks to go. And it goes by pretty fast. Congrats!!! Are you going to find out what you are having?

Alexis 18 said...

congrats girl! We are not very good at "preventing" either, just be smarter than me cause 13 months apart is pretty hard on the body!
I also suffer from constipation when I'm pregnant. It was so bad with the 3rd baby, I went a full month without pooping and I thought I was going to die! I took Shaklee(they are based in Cali) herb lax with my 4th and I felt amazing! I think that when your constipated it also makes you feel nausea's. Good luck. luvs.

JJ said...

congrats!

Matt & Ali said...

Congrats!! Im so excited for you. We must be alike in the area of spilling the beans. I can hardly wait to get prego and we have been trying. I wish i could keep it in but i talk about it so much that if i stop people would know i was pregnant. So i guess the day i find out i may have to spill the beans to a few people so i don't go crazy but i do think its a great idea to wait a while to tell. Good luck! Sorry you are sick. Thats no fun.

Unknown said...

I heard ya. You said it was graffic. And you were right. Congrats